Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome to the Blog!

This is the first post on Fire Vinny Cerrato! So, allow me to introduce myself, explain why I feel its necessary to start this up, and then a little later we'll get into the meet of it.

I am an under 30 season ticket holder of the Washington Redskins. I grew up in the DC area and remember fondly the Joe Gibbs era. For me, it culminated in the 1991 season when Mark Rypien, the posse, the Hogs, and a vicious defense rumbled through the entire NFL on their way to a 14-2 regular season mark and a third Superbowl Championship.

To be succinct, I'm an avid Redskins fan, and a true diehard. However, Dan and Vinny are trying extremely hard to kill my fandom every year. And I have to try to do something about it. Frankly, I like being a Skins fan, and I don't want to stop. I won't. I think the bottom line is that I'm too big a Skins fan to stop rooting for them, despite their owner and "GM."

After another disappointing season, which ended in a 2-6 mark down the stretch, we have begun the early period of free agency. Unfortunately, this period of the football "season" is the only thing we have won in the last 15 years. I have become convinced that one of two things are going on: either 1) Dan and Vinny are simply on a mission to manipulate fans' frenzy in order to maximize the bottom line; or 2) they have absolutely no idea what they are doing in trying to build a winner. I lean towards two, perhaps even strongly. But the cynic in me finds it hard to believe that two people could be so inept.

All I really want is for the Redskins to be a respectable and contending franchise, like they were in my youth. Ahhh... the good ole days. I have come to the conclusion that that can never happen with the current leadership. My anger is now at the top of its game. And I'm not holding it in anymore.

I will certainly get to my opinions of the offseason so far. As well as what I expect in the draft. However, I must first give a shout out to one blogger who really inspired this: Fire Jim Bowden. I can really only hope that this blog has some effect, like - perhaps - Fire Jim Bowden did.

1 comment:

  1. I completley agree: these guys don't have a clue. Let's look at the anti-Skins, the Atlanta Falcons organization.

    Arthur Blank is just as willing to spend money as Dan Snyder. But Blank relized his limitations and has gone out and hired a "football guy." The football guy, Tom Demetrio, goes out and hires Mike Smith and then drafts Matt Ryan. Falcons are in the playoffs one year after the Mike Vick/Bobby Petrino disaster.

    Vinny Cerrato has to go and Dan Snyder has to get out of the way!

    ReplyDelete